NEXT ISSUES — CALL FOR PAPERS
ALL THE PROJECTS ARE OPEN: EVERYBODY IS KINDLY WELCOME
PROFESSOR JANUSZ KUCZYŃSKI—A MAN OF DIALOGUE
Deadline — 30 December 2018
Janusz Kuczyński—the founder of the journal Dialogue and Universalism and over 42 years its Editor-in-Chief— passed away on 12 March 2017.
The Dialogue and Universalism issue dedicated to Janusz Kuczyński’s memory will include papers on Janusz Kuczyński’s views, ideas, achievements, also papers which will develop or modify his ideas or present considerations inspired by his conceptions.
KARL MARX. ON THE OCCASION OF THE BICENTENARY OF HIS BIRTH
The application for this issue is closed
Fair enough for Marx, 2018, the occasion of the bicentenary of Karl Marx’s birth immediately will give us a special chance to consider his thought, his heirs, and his contribution to the history of humanity. This Dialogue and Universalism enterprise is—one among others undertaken in 2018 all around the world—tribute to Marx’s thought.
Now it could be a matter of honour, if not of political relevance, so to say a gallant last stand, in the occasion of this bicentenary of Marx’s birth, to address again the thought of our great anatomist of the capitalist power machinery. We expect contributions in the area of original Marx’s thought as well in the fields of his heritage and his contribution to the history of mankind.
Reverentially, we invite you to take part in this enterprise.
The submission deadline is 15 August, 2018. The paper should not rather exceed 8000 English words. An abstract (maximum 100 words) with key words and a note about the author (maximum 100 words) should be added. For more technical details, in particular for bibliographical standards please see the link “Information for Authors” on the Dialogue and Universalism website: dialogueanduniversalism.eu
Dr Jean-François Gava, research fellow (GUEST-EDITOR OF THE ISSUE)
Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
We shall gladly answer to all your questions concerning this project.
Please send all the correspondence concerning the issue to the addresses:
Jean-Francois Gava: firstname.lastname@example.org
Małgorzata Czarnocka (D&U Editor-in-chief): email@example.com
PHILOSOPHICAL ANTHROPOLOGY AT A CROSSROAD
Deadline — 15 October 2018
PHILOSOPHY IN AN AGE OF CRISIS: CHALLENGE AND PROSPECTS
- Philosophic innovation in a Promethean era
- The ivory tower and social involvement
- Cross-cultural dialogue and the building of common humanity
- Learning to be human in an age of crisis and uncertainty
- The Digital Revolution and the post-human
- The benefits and threats of technicization and science
- The status and roles of knowledge in the contemporary world
- Religion, philosophy, and society
- Art and morality in the contemporary world
- Nationalism, populism and the challenge to universalism
- Globalization, anti-globalization or glocalization
- Cultural diversity and universal harmony
- Cosmopolitanism and transnationalism
- Ecology and environmental justice
- Gender issues in family, workplace, and cultural contexts
Deadline — 30 December 2018